Thursday, April 23, 2015

journal 3


     Reflection paper for ( Malcolm X)

 

     We have read so many literacy narrative in class, each author provided vivid details about their real life experience. I am so grateful that they taught me how crucial it is to be able to read and write.

     The article I like the most is written by Malcolm X. I was so impressive for his achievement. The article was arranged in chronological order and his progress on reading. At the first paragraph, a little background of young and impulsive Malcolm X follow by his life milestones and his great attribution to the black society creates a huge contrast, which I believe the purpose of it is to urge people to study hard in any circumstances. Also the way Malcolm sets the turning point was remarkable, from ignorance about reading books to become addicted to reading and writing brought reader passion and curiosity. When he added vivid details ‘when the lights out’ came, I would sit on the floor where i could continue reading in that glow’ (on page 2 last few lines), It is authentic as if he was reading in front of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment