Thursday, May 7, 2015

journal 10


Anning, Li

5/7/2015

Professor matyakubova

Journal entry #10

    In the process of exploring literacy in English 201 class, I have significantly improvement on basic writing skills such as citing a source properly, use the formal language, structure a paper, writing a clear thesis statement and etc. The course makes me aware of the importance of literacy. I realized that writing a paper requires multiple skills, it included structuring, proofreading, editing, and citing skills. I recall the first paper I wrote for the class, extensive grammatical and citation errors were throughout the paper. The global structure are important, but the local structure can also be costly in term of points. I understood that writing a paper is like crafting a fine piece of art, which need improving and editing through its process.

    The citing skill I learned in this class help me a lot. Knowing how to cite others work and though is a crucial ability in all academic fields. We are able to utilize others’ research result to add credibility to our own paper, at the same time avoiding plagiarism.  In addition, I would have to improve my grammar. It is hard for me to comprehend complex grammars, however I would write more, and find someone edit my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment